[load balancing] Raw socket based load balancing

From: Chris Kirby <ckirby [izzat] solaristech.com>
Date: Wed Nov 18 2009 - 12:53:36 EST

We are currently using a pound/haproxy combination to load balancing incoming http/https connections.

We however have an upcoming requirement to load balance incoming raw socket connections with a proprietary protocol. I don't think pound/haproxy will work for this since they are proxy servers and is therefore drive by standard protocols.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on what open source load balancing apps we could use? We may require session persistence as well (yet to be determined).

Regards,

Chri