[load balancing] Alteon AD3 upgrade

From: Marco Supino <Marco [izzat] praxell.com>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 14:55:28 EST

Hi,

I have a question, maybe someone can help,

I had a perfectly working Alteon AD3 , running version 8.0.something

I wanted to upgrade it to the latest 10 version, because I didn't have
8.3, I couldn't go through the TFTP upgrade path (I do have 9), so I
used the serial method,

The upgrade went ok, but now the switch doesn't boot, I get a CRC error
from both images, I tried re-flusing with the 10, and 9 version I have,
but both give the same results, maintenance boot is also corrupted,

Anyone has any idea ? could it be a problem in the programming ? (cable,
hyperterm or something else) , or is this switch dead ? it was working
perfectly before, but I need the newer version for some features.

Thanks.