Re: [load balancing] Alteon 184 can't save config - flash_clear():start error

From: Oliver Adam <oadam [izzat] madao.de>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 10:49:16 EST

This is correct - you can not replace the flash. The only way to fix
it is to RMA the unit. I would nevertheless try to re-image the box
using a serial connection. This is going to re-write the whole flash
and it *MIGHT* help. The way to upload the software using a serial
connection is described in the documentation.

Have fun.

Cheers,

At 09:24 07.11.2007, you wrote:

>AFAIK, if the flash is b0rken, there's not much you can do other
>than RMA it back to your reseller. Unfortunately, this isn't a user
>servicable item.
>
>Nils

Oliver Adam
Foundry Networks