Re: [load balancing] What is the meaning of " maxcon" for a real server in Alteon 2208?

From: simon bullen <Simon.Bullen [izzat] Sun.COM>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 02:36:01 EST

Simon is correct in his assumptions here.

regards

Simon.

Simon Hamilton-Wilkes wrote:
> I'm not an Alteon user, but on all the platforms I have used it's the
> maximum number of established connections to a real server, once
> reached further connections will go to other real servers, once
> they're all maxed connections will be throttled.
>
> On Nov 6, 2007 8:22 PM, qian hangwei <qianhangwei@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, What is the meaning of " maxcon" configuration for a real
>> server in Alteon 2208? The maximun number connections in one second
>> or one minute or others?
>>
>> I have search through the documents I know but get no luck.
>> I am totally new to Alteon, sorry for my too simple question.
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> Best,
>> -Qian

Simon Bullen
Sun Microsystems
.Sun Engineering
 1252 424635
http://blogs.sun.com/sbullen
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.