Re: [load balancing] Alteon 2208 Redundant solution

From: Joo Yong-Seok <joo.yongseok [izzat] gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 06:59:34 EST

Hello,

What kind of redundant setup you mean? Traditionally, Alteon switch privides
L2, L3, L4 redundancy to users.
To implement L2 redundancy, Alteon switche uses 'Spanning Tree protocol' and
it use VRRP for L3 redundancy
and L4 redundancy. Specially, Alteon can provide 'Active-Active
load-balancing' service with VRRP.

For more detailed information, look at Application guide in Nortel official
website. It's not white paper but you can
get enough information about the configuration and examples in the document.

http://www130.nortelnetworks.com/go/main.jsp?cscat=DOCDETAIL&DocumentOID=486853&RenditionID=REND804096&poid=12063

- yongseok