RE: [load balancing] Load-balancing DNS servers - Pros vs. Cons

From: Richard Golding <richard.golding@affiniti.com>
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 04:14:50 EST

If your DNS servers can serve an address that it knows is able to respond to
client requests (i.e. is up and healthy) then I would agree that GSLB would
not be required. But the requirement for GSLB is strong if, in addition to
always ensuring a DNS response is provided that response is also an
intelligent response. i.e. provides high availability and site load
balancing rather than the round robin attempt of load balancing by some DNS
servers.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Richard