Re: [load balancing] Load-balancing DNS servers - Pros vs. Cons

From: Tim Maestas <lb@dnsconsultants.com>
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 23:56:12 EST

Personally, I think the only advantage to load balancing DNS servers is to
address the issue of applications that break if they have to wait the
timeout interval of their OS's resolver libraries when querying a
first-listed DNS server that is unavailable. At that point your DNS
server becomes a single point of failure for that particular application
(although in my opinion, that is the fault of the application)

 -Tim