RE: [load balancing] Redline networks...

From: Daniel Peterson (pdiddy_saIZZATyahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 18:48:20 EST

    Good Day,

    I have been running a site on a Solaris box using
    Apache. Before installing mod_gzip module for apache,
    I was doing over 60GB a month. Now with increased
    traffic (30% more hits) and faster response (
    decreased load average) I am doing less than 23GB a
    month. Best thing is it is free =)

    Cheers!

    Dan

    --- Pete Tenereillo <ptenereilloIZZATadelphia.net> wrote:
    > Marcel, that 30% bandwidth savings number is
    > absolutely phenomenal! Do the
    > sites that see such dramatic savings have lots of
    > .doc or .pdf files for
    > HTTP download? Do you attribute the decrease in page
    > load time to the TCP
    > offload (latency in server stacks), or do you think
    > thatís just a side
    > effect of clearing up the pipe? If you havenít
    > tested those functions
    > independently, and can spare a few minutes to shut
    > off compression but leave
    > offload on, and vv, Iím sure all 800 lb-l
    > subscribers here would be very
    > interested to hear the results!
    >

    > Pete.
    >

    > _____

    <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrateur\Application%20Data\Mic

    rosoft\Signatures\www.redlinenetworks.com,DanaInfo=msgmmkclc2win.fmr.com+>

    http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/redlinebuzz/0/10000891/

    <https://access0.fidelity.com/jlp/source/0/10000891/,DanaInfo=www.accelacomm

    <https://access0.fidelity.com/,DanaInfo=www.garantitechnology.com+>