Re: [load balancing] SLB - SSL Accelerator - Web I/O Accelerator evaluation

From: Shawn Nunley (shawnIZZATnunleys.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 14:23:15 EST

    [blatent product mention here, sorry]

    Have you considered NetScaler?

    NetScaler pioneered many web I/O acceleration technologies, and
    currently is in front of *every* click at Google and many other great
    sites. The DDoS protection is incredible. NetScaler also offers SSL
    VPN in the same unit. We have displaced many vendors in the field,
    including the ones you are looking at, so it may be worthy of a look.

    - 4400 TPS SSL acceleration (supports 240,000 concurrent SSL sessions
    and approximately 500 Mbit/sec encrypted throughput)
    - back-end encryption capable
    - manages up to 100,000 http requests per second
    - Fine-grained load balancing (balances requests, not connections) with
    all the persistence and LB algorithms you'd expect
    - enormous capacity for DDoS attacks of many kinds
    - 4 Gig ports (copper or fiber)
    - centralized logging capability (all web server logs, or any subset,
    streamed to a logging server)
    - can perform GZIP compression of html text data on the fly, even for
    encrypted data
    - stateful failover to standby unit
    - Global Server Load Balancing

    Anyway, just wanted to make sure you didn't miss us.

    -Shawn

    Director of Technology Development
    NetScaler, Inc.