Re: [load balancing] looking for low cost (inexpensive) commercialLB

From: frank cheong (chocobofrankIZZATlinux.net)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 20:57:26 EST

    Hi,

    I haven't tried myself but just read some ad about the following, perhaps you can explore :-

    Netfilter
    LVS
    Resonate

    As I know you can use apache with mod_jk to load balance a group of JBOSS or Tomcat....

    Besides, from my understanding the kernel of BSD is better than the one linux is using and the throughput is somewhat better also. I guess this may also be one of the reason why so many LB company chosen BSD as the OS. Hey does anyone know if Redhat keep on release their source code even after migrated to Enterprise Linux version ? Are they still under the GPL ??

    Frank