[load balancing] Problems with BigIp and Siteminder

From: David Santeramo (dsanteramoIZZATyahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 17:55:25 EST

    I am having a strange problem with BigIP and SSO
    enabled applications. Essentially the flow is as
    follows:

    client ---443---LD---443---Reverse
    Proxy----80---BigIP----80----app server

    For some reason the apps are working fine when I
    access them directly but are losing session when I
    access via the reverse proxies. The reverse proxies
    are doing the SSL transaction.

    I have had to step back to source IP persistance but
    this is not as effective for Intranet apps.

    Any suggestions?