[load balancing] Loadbalancing Unix Web Servers

From: Jay Kline (listIZZATslushpupie.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 09:25:21 EST

    We have several unix based webservers that we have loadbalanced (via Alteon
    180 if anyone cares). I was wondering what people use to keep the data
    concurrent between their servers? Currently we have an rsync cron job that
    runs periodicly, but our updates to the site are getting more and more
    frequent, and that solution will not be reliable too much farther down the
    road. Is using NFS stable enough? Are there other solutions? We currently
    have 3 servers, but that will be expanding to a group of 6 servers shortly to
    keep up with our growth.

    Jay

    --
    Jay Kline