From: Michael Hyman (mhymanIZZATyahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 11:56:55 EST

    Question about Big/IP version 3.11

    I currenlty have a PIX firewall in front of the BIG/IP that acts as both a
    firewall and handles the NAT.

    I am thinking about moving the BIP to the same level as the PIX and not
    having the web servers go through the PIX.

    So, I would use the BIP for NAT.

    My questions are:

    1. Does this kind of config make sense

    2. Is it possible to have return/outbound traffic go around the BIP and
    straight to the internet? If so, how?

    3. Are there any security concerns in doing what I mention above?

    4. Sould I upgrade to 4.x first?