Re: [load balancing] L3 capable load balancers?

From: Will Jones (wjonesIZZATsitesmith.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 22:09:03 EST

I agree that it's a "function" of the servers at the source and destination
side of the ip session, however, the load balancer needs to be configured to
allow DSR (or whatever), in order for it to be able to happen in the first
place.

However, I wouldnt say radwares triangulation was something "entirely
different" - I would say its exact purpose was definately to enable
asymmetric load balancing. It allows servers to bypass the Radware box on
the return trip - connecting instead, directly to the client machine. Thus
creating a triangle... client initiates connection to Radware box, Radware
box passes connection to server, server returns connection directly to the
client.

will