Re: [load balancing] VRRP failover (Active-Hotstandby) not working on alteon ad3

From: Jens Brey <jens [izzat] chaos-co.de>
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 04:17:55 EDT

Ok, now with the correct account ;)

Hi,

only a short look ;)

I see identical prios on vrrp.
Set the master to 200 and the backup to 100.

If you use the AD3 in a Hot-Standby configuration, i didn't see in your
setup the configuration for the hot-standby port or i am blind ;)
hotstan enabled for the failover port is the parameter i think. You
found them under /c/sl/port xx/hotstan enabled

Can you post the infos from /info/l3/vrrp from both devices?

Regards,

Jens

Anil Oza schrieb:

> HI,
>

> I have 2 Nortel alteon AD3.
>

> I have done the Config as per documents for active-hot standby. When I
> restart master, backup become master but not able to access all
> virtual servers.
>

> Also, happened as soon as I enabled hot standby on both ad3, I lost
> the ping of one Alteon.
>

> Current physical layout:
>
> |firewall| |firewall|
>
> | |

> \ /
>
> \ /
>
> |switch|
>
> | |

> / \
>
> / \
>
> |alteon| |alteon|
>
> | |

> \ /
>
> |switch|
>
> | |

> \ /
>
> |server|
>

> Alteon 1:
>
> =============
>
> /c/port 1
>
> pvid 10
>
> /c/port 1/fast
>
> speed 100
>
> fctl both
>
> mode full
>
> auto off
>
> /c/port 2
>
> pvid 10
>
> /c/port 2/fast
>
> speed 100
>
> fctl both
>
> mode full
>
> auto off
>
> /c/port 3
>
> pvid 10
>
> /c/port 3/fast
>
> speed 100
>
> fctl both
>
> mode full
>
> auto off
>
> /c/port 7/fast
>
> speed 100
>
> fctl both
>
> mode full
>
> auto off
>
> /c/vlan 1
>
> def 4 5 6 7 8 9
>
> /c/vlan 10
>
> ena
>
> name "STAGING"
>
> def 1 2 3
>
> /c/stp 1/off
>
> /c/stp 1/clear
>
> /c/stp 1/add 1 10
>
> /c/sys/syslog
>
> host 192.168.10.213
>
> /c/ip/if 2
>
> ena
>
> addr 192.168.10.10
>
> vlan 10
>
> /c/ip/gw 1
>
> ena
>
> addr 192.168.10.1
>
> /c/ip/dns
>
> prima 192.168.10.211
>
> dname st46.asite.com
>
> /c/vrrp/on
>
> /c/vrrp/vr 1
>
> ena
>
> vrid 1
>
> if 2

> [...]

Linus Torvalds:
"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it"