Re: [load balancing] F5 cpu load averages

From: tony bourke (tonyIZZATvegan.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 16:29:48 EDT

Hi Chris,

I've not used the later code revisions yet, but my experience is that
this is normal. I'd have a mostly idle F5 unit with a load of 2. As long
as performance is good I wouldn't worry too much about it. I remember
talking to a few F5 engineers about this. Something about how the kernel
reports load isn't right in their modified kernel.

When the load gets to 6.0 or higher, however, I've seen it do some strange
things. This only happens though when the unit is pushed to it's limits,
such many thousands of connections per second.

Tony

--
Tony Bourke				tonyIZZATvegan.net