RE: [load balancing] Intel Adapter Teaming problem with Foundry ServerIrons

From: Basil Hussain (basil.hussainIZZATkodakweddings.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 14:05:31 EDT

    Hi,

    > I called Foundry several weeks ago and they recommend me to use the
    > active-standby feature on the NICs, are you sure that the standby
    > serveriron
    > is not becoming the active one ? which config do you have ?
    > Ironclad with 4
    > serverirons and 2 firewalls or just 2 serverirons ?

    Yes, I am sure that the secondary ServerIron is not the active one now -
    that was one of the first things I checked. :) Also, my setup is two
    ServerIrons only, in an active-standby config. I am not load-balancing any
    firewalls.

    By the way, I have not yet rebooted the Windows 2000 server in question.
    Although the Intel drivers didn't ask to reboot when I made changes, I
    suspect it might help. Do you think it might help?

    Regards,

    Basil Hussain
    Internet Developer, Kodak Weddings
    E-Mail: basil.hussainIZZATkodakweddings.com