Sv: [load balancing] switch redundancy

From: fribert1 (fribert1IZZATpost.tele.dk)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 16:05:50 EDT

    I have two CSS11800 tied to two Catalyst 6509 switches (client side) and both CSS with a link to
    both switches, and on the other side, two 3 mainframes. It is Active-Standby CSS-setup for now,
    as the CSS cannot handle asymmetric flows just yet.
    And, each CSS with 2 direct links to each mainframes (Gigabit OSA-Express). Meaning 6 GBIC
    links for each CSS.
    As redundant as it can get. I also added ospf, and ecmp roundrobin. And, ...it works.
    STP handles some of it, the redundancy features of the CSS handles some of it. The network design is
    also important.
    If you would like to see some more detail, send me a note at work - johlauIZZATdanskebank.dk
    and I will cook some doc together,
    /Johnny