RE: [load balancing] switch redundancy

From: Man-Su Kim (mansukimIZZATnortelnetworks.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 21:03:38 EDT

    I heard about teaming technology.

    It can help you to do that.
    ----start info from intel sites----
    http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/ans/index.htm
    http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/ans/teaming.htm
    Adapter Fault Tolerance (AFT) - Can be mixed Intel adapter types/speeds as
    long as there is at least one server adapter in the team. Primary adapter
    will pass it's MAC and L3 address to the failover adapter. Implemented in
    Microsoft Windows* 2000 and Windows NT* 4 , NetWare* 4.1x and above, SCO
    UnixWare* (10/100), and Linux.
    ----end info from intel sites----

    When I test AFT last year, it need 1minutes or more to failover.

    Regards,

     -Mansu Kim
    mailto:mansukimIZZATnortelnetworks.com
    job://SE.Korea.CNBU.Nortel.Networks
    phone://+82-2-3707-3955
    mobile://+82-16-288-3771
    Postal: Nortel Networks Korea Ltd.
    16th Floor, Hae Sung 2 Bldg. 942-10 Daechi3-Dong,
    Kangnam-Ku, Seoul, Korea 135-283