RE: [load balancing] switch redundancy

From: Patrick McAndrew (PMcAndrewIZZATstudentadvantage.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 13:47:49 EDT

    The two nic's will be connected to two layer two switches. The switches will
    be connected to a pair of load balancers. The servers will be in a seperate
    vlan, their network will be a RFC1918 compliant one.

    I am assuming the server nic's would be in seperate bridge groups?

    I am going to be running HSRP on the switches, but I'm wondering how to get
    the server to notice when a switch is down, and use the other interface.

    Does anyone have experience with doing that? If I don't make myself clear,
    email me.

    Thanks
    Pat