Sv: [load balancing] Server Load Balancing Book

From: fribert1 (fribert1IZZATpost.tele.dk)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 09:32:34 EDT

    RE: [load balancing] Server Load Balancing BookI agree fully. I ordered 4 (hard)copies. To my surprise, local tax authorities (via DHL) opened the package, and put some
    extra tax on this. I can live with this, but if you order via the net, be sure you calculate with some extra
    local taxes. From a Danish perspective, this is typically 2.7% in toll and an additional 25% in local tax.!! So, as this book is
    probably also taxed first in the US, that makes it triple-taxation.
    I wonder how they would handle it, if I paid for an electronic copy instead of a hardcopy of the book! They probably cannot, as
    international law on this issue is not mature.
    Just 2c, off-topic
    /Johnny