[load balancing] a pair bigip's locked up

From: Mark Natoli (mnatoliIZZATappliedtheory.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 10:07:25 EDT

    Hi,

      I have a pair of bigip's that handle approximately 200 simultaneous
    connections on average. Last Friday, the site became unresponsive. Upon
    inspection, I found both bigip's "locked up". I could not remotely log on
    or log on at the console. I manually reset the standby bigip. When it
    came back up, it reported itself as the standby machine instead making
    itself active.
      Only after resetting the active bigip did the site become functional
    again. The active machine after reset was claimed the active role.
      I worked with F5 support. I was asked by them to lower treaper values.
    Besides this, we were unable to determine anything. There was no
    information to be gathered from the logs.
      I'm running 3.3.1 PTF-05. Anyone ever experience a similar situation?
    Any ideas? Perhaps it is related to one of the variations of 'Code Red'?

    -Mark