[load balancing] Help with AD3

From: Alessio Focardi (afocIZZATinterconnessioni.it)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 11:06:43 EDT

    first time poster, looking for help:

    My Alteon AD3 works like a charme balancing requests that are coming
    from our firewall but refuses to balance internal lan requests.

    The port requests are coming in is the same, this is the current
    situation:

    external ip -> firewall (nat on vip address) -> lan switch -> alteon

    it do works fine

    opening the vip address directly from lan is not working at all,
    altought I can ping it.

    Lan and vip address are on the same subnet.

    thats my conf, for what it matters to us webserver are on port 1 and 2
    and lan is connected to port 8, other ports are used as switch ports.

    Tnx to anyone who can help !

    >> Configuration# dump
    script start "Alteon AD3" 4 /**** DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE!
    /* Configuration dump taken 17:00:15 Mon Jul 26, 2004
    /* Version 9.0.41.3, Base MAC address 00:60:cf:46:fb:20
    /c/sys
            snmp r
            http ena
            tnet ena
    /c/sys/user
            admpw #
    /c/port 1
            name "WWW1"
    /c/port 2
            name "WWW2"
            pvid 2
    /c/port 3
            name "ROUTER"
            pvid 3
    /c/port 4
            name "PIX"
            pvid 3
    /c/port 5
            name "MAM"
            pvid 3
    /c/port 6
            name "SIP"
            pvid 3
    /c/port 7
            name "SCORTA"
            pvid 3
    /c/port 8
            name "INTERNA"
            pvid 4094
    /c/port 9
            name "GIGA"
            pvid 3
    /c/vlan 1
            name "WWW1"
            def 1
    /c/vlan 2
            ena
            name "WWW2"
            def 2
    /c/vlan 3
            ena
            name "ESTERNA"
            def 3 4 5 6 7 9
    /c/vlan 4094
            ena
            name "INTERNA"
            def 8
    /c/stp
            off
    /c/sys/syslog
            host 192.168.0.68
    /c/ip/if 1
            ena
            addr 192.168.0.239
            vlan 4094
    /c/ip/if 2
            ena
            addr 10.0.1.1
            mask 255.255.255.0
            broad 10.0.1.255
    /c/ip/if 3
            ena
            addr 10.0.2.1
            mask 255.255.255.0
            broad 10.0.2.255
            vlan 2
    /c/ip/gw 1
            ena
            addr 192.168.0.254
    /c/ip/dns
            prima 194.20.8.1
            secon 195.110.96.66
    /c/slb
            on
    /c/slb/real 1
            ena
            rip 10.0.1.100
    /c/slb/real 2
            ena
            rip 10.0.2.100
    /c/slb/real 3
            ena
            rip 10.0.1.200
    /c/slb/real 4
            ena
            rip 10.0.2.200
    /c/slb/group 1
            metric roundrobin
            add 1
            add 2
            name "WEBSERVER1"
    /c/slb/group 2
            metric roundrobin
            add 3
            add 4
            name "WEBSERVER2"
    /c/slb/port 1
            server ena
    /c/slb/port 2
            server ena
    /c/slb/port 8
            client ena
    /c/slb/virt 1
            ena
            vip 192.168.0.196
    /c/slb/virt 1/service http
            group 1
            pbind clientip
    /c/slb/virt 1/service https
            group 1
            pbind clientip
    /c/slb/virt 2
            ena
            vip 192.168.0.197
    /c/slb/virt 2/service http
            group 2
            pbind clientip
    /c/slb/virt 2/service https
            group 2
            pbind clientip
    /
    script end /**** DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE!

    --
    Best regards,
     Alessio                          mailto:afocIZZATinterconnessioni.it