From: Malcolm Turnbull (malcolmIZZATloadbalancer.org)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 10:09:05 EDT

    I've found TCP port checking very reliable, and obviously set the citrix service in Win2003 to auto restart, and re-boot on a serious problem.

    I don't get any response when I do a :

     telnet terminal.server.address 3389

    Regards,

    Malcolm Turnbull.

    Loadbalancer.org Limited
    +44 (0)7715 770523
    http://www.loadbalancer.org/

     " When a single point of failure is not an option"

    Why not try our online demonstration ? Or get answers to common questions ?

    Tal wrote:
    Hi All,

    I'm looking for a load balancer to load MS terminal servers and Citrix
    servers.
    How can I check that my servers are running ? is there something better than
    checking the TCP port ?

    Thanks
    Tal