Re: [load balancing] Does Alteon crash when being backup via SNMP?

From: xing (xingIZZATfanfiction.net)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 15:28:35 EDT

Some tech info:

10.1.1.0 has only been released for Alteon 184/AD4 systems so far.
Moreoever, this version removes bandwidth management (BWM) functionality
due to "limited memory" as quoted by the release docs. I think Alteon just
got fed up bug fixing BWM? =)

Rick's suggestion is sound. Rather than go SNMP, use a croned perl/php
TELNET client from a nearby server to do a regular dump capture or send
TFTP dump commands would be cleaner as well. At least this way, any problem
you encounter would be well documented/debugged by Nortel.

Xing