RE: [load balancing] Does Alteon crash when being backup via SNMP?

From: Lotter, Rick (Rick.LotterIZZATqg.com)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 09:28:13 EDT

Hello:

I would strongly recommend a LONG testing period before upgrading any of
your stable machines. We have had many, many problems with v10 code and
have been trying to test v9 and see if it works for us. You would not
believe how many bugs exist in v10, although Nortel's latest (10.1.1.0)
is supposed to be a large improvement.

You could always just script the backup via a telnet/ssh connection, you
know!

Good luck,

Rick Lotter
I/S - Web Systems Support