RE: [load balancing] Alteon and Microsoft IAS

From: Daniele Besana (danieleIZZATitvirtualcommunity.net)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 10:08:03 EDT

Hi,
I tried this and it works :-)
The difference between Alteon and Cisco Radius features is that Alteon does
both Authentication and Autorization.
To do that, Alteon needs the attribute "service-type" set to "Administrator"
(or others Levels) in the Access-Accept packet.
I don't know how you can set this in IAS... good search!

Ciao,

---
Daniele Besana
IT Virtual Community