[load balancing] Alteon and Microsoft IAS

From: Jreige, Thomas (thomas.jreigeIZZATcba.com.au)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 21:03:45 EDT

Good Morning from Sydney.

I am currently configuring and Alteon 180e. We require RADIUS
authentication for the administrator on the Box. Has anyone performed this
before?

We have built a Microsoft Windows 2003 IAS server for the RADIUS server and
every time we use a valid set of credentials on the RADIUS server to login
to the Alteon, the message "<username>, Sorry". I can authenticate into
enable mode on a Cisco router using the same RADIUS server. Is there
something in the RADIUS server or Alteon that needs looking at to get the
administrator mode logged in Via Radius?

Thanks.

TommyJ

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE **************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries. We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au