RE: [load balancing] Cookie persistence across sessions

From: Livings, Stuart, Tech Ops, VF UK (Stuart.LivingsIZZATgb.vodafone.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 04:34:34 EDT

I can't answer your question but I would say that the question is
definitely related to the browser rather than the load balancer. As to
whether a browser considers the port number when matching site for
cookies I have no idea.

My gut feel (without supporting evidence) is that it will work but will
be implementation specific on the browser and should not be relied upon.

Incidentally if this a problem the application itself would have a
problem as well as the load balancer.

HTH,
Stuart