[load balancing] RE: [load balancing] Alteon 180e shutting down cisco interface?

From: northern.bloke (northern.blokeIZZATvizzavi.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 04:36:40 EDT

    ciscos default setting is 'desirable on' for send and
    on for receive. This will mean that it will try to neg
    when the port comes up. As you have disabled flow
    control this may lead to unpredictable results.
    Normally gig is pretty good at neg. so is best left
    alone or match on both the cisco and the alteon. The
    only real issue I've had has been with the foundry
    SI400. When in boot mode you have to force gig
    settings.