Re: [load balancing] ARP age time of general LB

From: Gary E. Miller (gemIZZATrellim.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 20:01:07 EDT

    Yo Thomas!

    VRRP does not have that problem. The MAC address and the IP both swing
    over to the backup on failure. You are probably seeing a switching
    MAC table issue instead.

    I have seen other related problems. Nokia/CP firewalls acting as backup
    sends a gratuitous ARP. If both firewalls are plugged in to a switch this
    confises the switch as to what port to use to get to the acting VRRP
    master.

    RGDS
    GARY
    Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Blvd, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
            gemIZZATrellim.com Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676