Re: [load balancing] Global Load Balancing with CSS

From: Dana Quinn (danaIZZATnextbus.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 15:18:13 EDT

    The akamai/speedera/Digital Island type solutions are all DNS
    based though, right? They do have tons of edge nodes, though,
    so I guess if some of your clients get bum DNS information from
    them, it will affect a proportionately smaller amount of
    your customers. And operationally, I know that akamai, from personal
    experience, is very good. So they go down rarely.

    (by DNS based, I mean they resolve surfing clients requests
    for information based on network location, availability, so on.
    This DNS information is still susceptible to caching issues.)

    Is internap the only company that helps you provide BGP type
    multihoming of a company's datacenters? I suppose there are
    a lot of companies that one could just contract with to provide
    support for a full blown BGP implementation for a company. It
    just seemed like Internap provided an easier to implement way
    of achieving BGP for a company.

    Dana