[load balancing] HTTP to HTTPS redirect

From: Drumm, Dan (ddrummIZZATball.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 16:52:47 EDT

    I am trying to LB two MS-IIS servers, and use the SSL proxy on a F5 BIGIP
    2000.

    The SSL proxy works fine, and I am having the F5 "redirect all" under the
    advanced options.

    All of the http links being served are being rewritten to https links.
    Except for one thing.
    The web page serves up a java applet, and that applet creates a menu
    dropdown bar.
    The links in that bar all point to "http://foo.bar.com". I can't edit the
    java applet.

    I don't have a virtual server on port 80 for http://foo.bar.com.

    Is there a simple way to redirect all incoming http requests to
    http://foo.bar.com/somepath/something to https and hit the SSL proxy on the
    F5 - without losing the path information?

    The F5 doesn't allow you to build a proxy and point it to another proxy on
    the same unit.