[load balancing] Big-IP PXE - Adapter Support

From: Evan Poll (EMC) (Evan.PollIZZATericsson.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 11:39:27 EDT

    Hello all,

    I've been trying to run a PXE (network install) using the 4.2-PTF06 image on my laptop. The PXE process fails because the kernel cannot detect the laptop's Ethernet adapter upon boot. I have tried numerous different PCMCIA adapters but to no avail, I'm trying to find which network adapters are supported.

    I also discovered that different versions of the software support different adapters, 4.2-PTF06 would not boot on my DELL CP laptop using a Xircom but 4.5-PTF03 worked liked a charm.

    F5 support is working on getting me a list but they have nothing official. I wondered if anyone on the mailing list has done PXE installs using laptop/PCMCIA and I would be interested in knowing which type of network adapter was used (preferably with the 4.2-x image).

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Evan