[load balancing] Alteon Passive Cookies

From: Steven Christall (SChristallIZZATbuildonline.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 20:01:46 EDT

    Hi all,

    I am now attempting to load balance three servers with Passive Cookie mode.
    I have setup as per the WebOS 10 App Guide, DAM enabled, Metric Hash on
    Group, PBind cookie in Virt

    I am not really sure how to tell if it is working. This is the one area of
    the Alteon that really gets to me .... no decent logs!
    Can anyone tell me where / what to look at?

    One question .. do I need filters enabled for this to work on the client /
    server ports? I take it the cookie sniff is using layer 7 code? I read
    somewhere also that I needed delayed binding .. is this implied as on by the
    config above or do I need to do it somewhere

    Thanks and kind regards
    Steve Christall