RE: [load balancing] [Alteon]Header Hash Load Balancing

From: Philip Goldie (pgoldieIZZATnortelnetworks.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 20:15:22 EDT

    Jian,

    i'll stand corrected on this by people more knowledgeable than i but...

    It's true that WebOS will parse 10 frames or 4500 Bytes for the HTTP Header
    you wish to use, but this is only until an instance has been found. Once
    we've
    seen the first instance of the header, we'll make the real server binding
    and
    "flush" the buffer used to hold the stings for parsing. In that same
    HTTP/1.1
    stream, if another GET requests is made with a new instance of that Header,
    we'll change the server binding if the header is different.

    This is obviously commonly done for URL parsing in 1.1 where multiple client

    requests need to be parsed and issued to different reals.

    Like I say, it would be useful for someone more technical to verfy.

    Phil.