[load balancing] [Alteon]Header Hash Load Balancing

From: lijian97IZZATnetscape.net
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 16:16:03 EDT

    Hello,

    We plan to use feature of "Header Hash Load Balancing" in AD3 to balance traffic. The header of "Authorization" or "User-Agent" will be hashed. But we were informed that if HTTP1.1 (persistant connection) is used, only first 10 packets or first 4500 bytes of traffic will be analysised. The real server binding will be made basing on the header of first 10 packets or first 4500 bytes. Then the rest of traffic will be directed to that server always. Is that true ?

    If answer is postive, is there any other work around solution. The cookie is not allowed to use in our case.

    Thanks for your help in advance.

    Nice Weekend,
    Jian