Re: [load balancing] Outbound HTTP throttling

From: Kelly Vista <kvista7 [izzat] gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 08 2009 - 16:16:25 EDT

Thanks very much for the feedback.

This is in fact what we do right now. Problem is that it's been hard to
configure. Also, I am not sure how much confidence I have in the need to
balance requests to FQDNs. I should have mentioned that I need throttling
to something like "http://foo.com", not to "1.2.3.4". I can't ensure the
remote IP will be static.

On Fri, May 8, 2009: