Re: [load balancing] Two Load Balancing Markets

From: Chuck Adkins <chuck.adkins [izzat] theice.com>
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 17:18:13 EDT

I disagree - 4 hour support is a must. We buy and deploy $100K+ gear in
redundant pairs to ensure that our services will never be unavailable -
ever. If I am forced to run w/o the failover partner for X hours -
those are X hours where I am vulnerable to a complete outage. On the
same note - it is preposterous to me that F5 (or anyone) would sell
their high-end gear with only a single power supply in the chassis.

WRT 4 hour RMA - I got a quote from F5 about 8 weeks ago for their new
RMA process.

I recently evaluated switching vendors - with our requirements
(enterprise gear, 10G, mature/focused organization, etc) I found they
were the only game in town.

Regards,

Chuck Adkins