[load balancing] Alteon 2000/3000- No available real server stats

From: Benny Fallach <bennyfaIZZATtaldor.co.il>
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 18:33:52 EDT

Hi,

I have a problem when I am trying to use an Alteon application switch running 22.0.1 / 22.0.2 code when I am trying to a redirection to an “acceleration system” (like a transparent cache device).

The thing is that sometimes I see in the session table (/info/slb/sess) an ALLOW entry instead of a redirection session entry.

Now there are no health check failures but if I check /stats/slb/maint I can see that the no available real server statistics is increasing.

What does it mean ?

Do u think the health check is not good enough ?

The redirection I am doing includes port mapping, from port 80 to port 9990 , filter looks like that:

/cfg/slb/filt 10

            Sip any

            Dip any

            Smask any

            Dmask any

            Action redir

            Group 1

            Dport http

            Rport 9990

            Proto tcp

/cfg/slb/filt 10/adv/layer 7

            L7lkup ena

The l7lkup is for the 80--> 9990 translation, otherwise it doesn’t work (this is from Nortel support, instead of using Proxy IP (WAR)….

Benny Falach

System Engineer

Taldor Communications Ltd.

Email : bennyfa@taldor.co.il

Office: 3-9298908

Mobile: 972-54-2022247

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

Taldor Group.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **