[load balancing] SSL offload with F5 BigIP 3400 running V9.0.5

From: Josh Gluck <joshgluckIZZATgmail.com>
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 20:19:10 EDT

Have a couple of questions regarding SSL offload and V9.0.5 BigIP and
my current situation for POP, IMAP, and SMTP.

1) Can TLS be used for POP and IMAP encryption or is it just used for SMTP?

2) Can the STARTTLS be issued by the load balancer to instruct the
client to migrate off the standard port or do I need to send this all
the way back to my mail proxy servers?

3) I would like to change the availabe cyphers in my SSL client
profile to be TLSv1 only so that SSL is not used by clients. Does
anyone know a way to verify that TLS is in fact being used? I tried
with Etherpeek but did not know a way to determine if the encryption
was SSL or TLS.

Thanks in advance....

--
josh