RE: [load balancing] logging ip addresses on big-ip 4.2

From: Massar, Marc <MMassarIZZATlinkpoint.com>
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 16:54:23 EDT

It's not perfect, but it's fast and easy and doesn't run too heavy. We are moving about 5 M/sec through our 4.2 PTF10 boxes, and this doesn't cause an issue with CPU. We run this once a minute (cron) for whatever virtual server and port we need to look at.

#!/bin/sh

/bin/date >> /var/whatever.txt
/sbin/b conn dump | grep "x.x.x.x:port" >> /var/whatever.txt
/bin/date >> /var/whatever2.txt
/sbin/b conn dump | grep "x.x.x.x:port" >> /var/whatever2.txt