Re: [load balancing] Alteon routing instead of switching.

From: Ken Thurman <thudingaIZZATyahoo.com>
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 10:06:01 EDT

Alvaro,

  It looks like the switch is acually doing what it
suppose to do. When the real server makes an outbound
session it will be natted to the PIP and it will pick
up the PMAC address for that port. Then I assume that
the next hop for the packet is a VIR that is master on
LB1, which will route it out thru it's gateway, but
since it is routing it will replace the source MAC
with its own mac address like any router would, so
the packet is sent to upstream router with the PIP ip
and the MAC of LB1 but I assume that the PIP is in the
same subnet as the public subnet on the router and
ALteon so the router will arp for the destination IP
which is a PIP on LB2 which will respond to the ARP
with its PMAC which is MAC3. But I don't know why LB1
doesn't learn the PMAC of IP3.

Ken