Re: [load balancing] logging ip addresses on big-ip 4.2

From: Shayne Stubbs <sstubbsIZZATredlinenetworks.com>
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 00:47:25 EDT

Hey Eric, funny to see you in this thread. How goes it? Can I meet up
with you on Monday or Tuesday to get the Redlines?

On 5/12/05 3:28 PM, "Erik Beebe" <erik@757.org> wrote:

> That should work, but might eventually cause you some resource issues on
> the BigIP. If it's possible for you, you could always span a port from
> your F5 on the switch to a cheapo Linux machine or something and tcpdump
> to a file, and generate reports from that. Failing that, you could always
> tcpdump directly on the BigIP, but just beware that that has caused some
> instability in past versions..
>
> Good luck,
> -Erik
>
> On Tue, 10 May 2005, Claret Carvalho wrote:
>
>> Not sure if this command is there in 4.2, but couldnt you run a script in
>> the background that does a 'b conn dump | grep <vip>' and log it like
>> that....

Shayne Stubbs
Redline Networks

t: 408 369-3843
c: 408 805-0225
www.redlinenetworks.com/news/infocenter

Redline Joined.  Have You? Center for the New Data Center
http://www.nwfusion.com/CNDC/RedlineNetworks

"Microsoft Improves Siebel performance by 50%"
http://www.redlinenetworks.com/r/pr082503

"Clicking the mouse" - Walt Disney Internet Group's CTO serves up growth
and looks to a content-rich, bright future with Redline Networks
http://www.infoworld.com/article/02/08/16/020819ctspotlight_1.html