Re: [load balancing] VRRP and Big-IP

From: Nicolas Maury <nicolas.maury [izzat] fluxus.net>
Date: Fri Apr 28 2006 - 05:30:21 EDT

Actually in this case, you're right we have only one uplink and one
downlink.

I indicated that because we have other platforms with two uplinks and
two downlinks.

FWIW we made more tests with option 1 (lasthop pool containing real
firewall addresses + action on service down --> reselect)
Firewalls (Fwn1 and Fwn2) work in active - stand by mode.

In our case, option 1 is not optimal : it works when we have Fwn1 goes
down, big-ip sends traffic to Fwn2.
But when Fwn1 goes up again, some traffic keep going through Fwn2,
because big-ip keep using the MAC address of Fwn2 for some sessions.

To resolve this problem we have to manually shutdown Fwn2 which is not
really an optimal solution.

Regards,
Nicolas

--
Nicolas Maury | Applications Hosting | BT France | Tel: +33 (0)1 44 97
70 00 | E: nicolas.maury [izzat] fluxus.net | http://www.bt.com/france
Ce message électronique contient des informations confidentielles. Ces
informations sont à l'usage des destinataires indiqués, personnes
physiques ou morales. Si vous n'en êtes pas le destinataire, nous vous
informons que toute divulgation, copie, diffusion ou toute autre
utilisation de ces informations, est interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce
message électronique par erreur, nous vous remercions d'en avertir BT
France immédiatement par téléphone au numéro indiqué ci-dessous ou de le
confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email
(to the numbers or address below) immediately.
BT France | Siège social : Immeuble Jean Monnet - 11 place des Vosges -
92061 Paris La Défense Cedex - France | tel. +33 (0)1 46 67 28 00