[load balancing] Managing persistence on Alteon when using ldap SSL

From: Hendershott, Steve <shendershottIZZATets.org>
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 15:47:15 EDT

I've got Nortel 2424 Application switch (load abalncers) and want to balance
the load to several Active Directory LDAP servers. We will only use the
secure LDAP protocol on port 636.

How do I manage persistence? Can use SSL Session ID or is this just for
HTTPS. A source IP won't help because the requests will come from a set of
application servers and I want each request to go to a different LDAP
server, based on least connections perhaps.

Thanks for any guidance or a sample config.

Steve Hendershott

Educational Testing Service

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
for your compliance.