[load balancing] Alteon 2208 HTTP load balancing

From: Radia O <radiaoIZZAThotmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 05:25:02 EDT

Hello,

I am trying to configure an Alteon 2208 to load balance an HTTP application
through many servers, I never touched an Alteon switch before so this is my
first time working on such a thing.

As a first step I am testing the connection just with one real server to
understand how it works and then I'll add other servers to my real servers
group.

after checking the documentation I was able do this configuration, from my
switch I was able to ping the real server and the virtual server, but from
an out side pc I am not able to ping the virtual server nor manage it from a
browser.

would really appreciate if any Alteon guru give some help.

>>Server Load Balancing Information# dump
Real server state:
  1: 192.168.69.11, vlan 1, port 2, health 4, up

Virtual server state:
  1: 192.168.69.15,

virtual ports:
    http: rport http, group 1, name, backup none