Re: [load balancing] struggling alteon 180e dsr config

From: Raul Rivero <riveroIZZATel-mundo.net>
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 18:39:29 EDT

Hi all,

We [elmundo.es] have DSR farms working without any problem. Two diffs
with your configuration:

  1. Your configuration haven't a "health" command:

     /c/slb/group 1
        health http
        content "/upandworking.html"

  2. We are using 2.4, not 2.6, with patches for kernel from:

     http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/

We have a L..O..T of traffic and our alteons had a lot of problems with
"traditional" SLB (very high load, problems with sessions, etc.), now
everything is working fine and we are very very happy. Now alteons are
"translating" only client to server traffic, not the server to client
traffic (as content provider, so this is the BIG traffic).

Cheers,