Re: [load balancing] struggling alteon 180e dsr config

From: Todd Underwood <toddIZZATrenesys.com>
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 17:17:42 EDT

Richard,

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 08:49:47PM +0100, Richard Golding wrote:
> Todd,
>
> The Alteon should still only have to Arp for the real server addresses
> (for health checking purposes)

if the alteon never arps for the vip, then nothing can send traffic to
it. see what i'm saying?

from non-cluster client machines, i cannot ping or do any ip to
192.168.1.160 in my config (the vip of the http service).

> The difference to normal SLB is that only the dest Mac is modified
> after the SLB decision (as opposed to DestIP/Mac). Yovr chosen real
> server will then receive packets with a dest IP of VIP which it accepts
> due to the fact that this exists on loopback interface.

yep. i got that fact and that is working for the health checks. what
is not working is the alteon is not answering any traffic for the
virt 1 vip, even though it looks configured and enabled to me.

i feel like a moron, but i can't see anything wrong with the config.
does anyone have a sample dsr config they feel like sharing to help me
see the light?

> Hope that helps?

your help is appreciated. not there yet. :-)

t.