RE: [load balancing] alteon port IP appears

From: Peter Degrassi <degrassiIZZATlayer227.com>
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 23:04:40 EDT

If the client is in the Internet, you need to source NAT the client IP
to the PIP for that topology to work. This assumes of course that real
server's default GW is NOT the Alteon.

Having said that, the PC connected to port 1 should still work if you
disable proxy on the real. This assumes that there is a route BACK to
the client or the client and server are on the same network.

Try this instead. Disable proxy on port 1. Enable proxy on port 8 and
enable proxy on the real server. Also ensure that the server has a
route back to the PC on port 1. With this configuration the Alteon will
NOT source NAT (PIP) sessions entering port 1 but WILL source NAT
sessions entering port 8 (from the Internet).

Is this what you want?